LIGHTS, CAMERA…POSE! Dance Selfie Day 2017 is almost here and we want YOU to be a part of it! (Oh, and there are some fab prizes up for grabs too!)
It’s that time of year again where we come together to celebrate dance with #DanceSelfieDay on 21 October. Each year we get dancers all over the world to take a ‘dance selfie’ to share the fun, creativity and inclusivity of the dancing community. Whether you’re at a weekly dance class, dancing for fitness at the gym or just dancing with your friends, Dance Proms needs YOU to take a dance selfie and tweet or post it on Facebook on 21 October with the hashtag #DanceSelfieDay – further details below.
This year we’ve taken #DanceSelfieDay to a brand new level, with the help of international superstar dance duo Twist and Pulse. Stay tuned to their channels on 21 October for our exciting competition!
On 21 October, remember to use the hashtag #DanceSelfieDay and either tweet your picture to the @DanceProms Twitter or post on @DanceProms Facebook page to be in with a chance of winning these fab prizes:
- Two tickets for Dance Proms at the Royal Albert Hall, the international dance showcase on 5 November
- Meet and greet with Twist and Pulse
- Behind the scenes tour of the Royal Albert Hall
- Twist and Pulse merchandise
- £50 First Position
We want to see your best dance selfies and they don’t need to be taken on the day itself – you just need to post it on the day. So if you’ve got dance class the week before, take your pictures then and be ready to post on 21 October to be in with a chance of winning. The more brilliant selfies we get on the day, the better!
Finally, here are some of the best dance selfies from last year and some top tips to get you inspired!
- Strike a pose! What’s your most impressive dance move? The more interesting the pose/dance move, the better! It can be static, or even an action shot.
- Don your finest dance gear – be it a tutu, lycra or cheerleading uniform – wear your dance outfit with pride!
- Single or group shot? Your dance selfie can be either – or perhaps both!
- Tricky pose? Take your selfie in a mirror…
- Bust a move in an unexpected place! Your selfie doesn’t have to be in the dance studio. You could be on the bus, at school, in a shop, walking the dog – anywhere where you can strike a pose!
- Use the #DanceProms Facebook filter to make your photo stand out – the filter will be available to use on Facebook on Dance Selfie Day.
Let’s get #DanceSelfieDay trending again this year!